Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

BBQ Ribs and Steak


Hello everyone. I just wanted to share this BBQ recipe with you. Nothing too fancy, but it is an easy recipe and is packed with a lot of flavor.  In this recipe I used beef (flat iron steak and ribs), but it can be used on beef or, chicken or even turkey. Also, the marinade that I used is semi-homemade; because I used a store bought BBQ sauce a lot of the work was cut out for me.

The story behind the sauce: One of my co-workers recommended Everett and Jones Restaurant (Bay Area in California) to me and I decided to check it out. I ordered a combo and got ribs and brisket.  I immediately fell in love with the BBQ, especially the sauce and OMG the brisket is to die for. The meat was so tender and smokey; and the sauce was a great compliment to it. If you are in Northern California, around the Bay Area you should definitely check out this BBQ spot.

I later found out that you can purchase Everett and Jones BBQ sauce in some grocery stores (i.e. Safeway, Lucky's). Since then I have been craving Everett and Jones's BBQ, hence the reason to recreate the experience at home for my family to enjoy. In no way is this a dupe for the amazing food at Everett and Jones's, but it is a way to bring a piece of the restaurant home with you =)


Beef ribs



BBQ Beef Ribs/Steak Recipe

Ingredients:


  • ½ cup Onions (Diced)
  • 3 tbsp Garlic (Minced)
  • 1 - 2 lbs Beef flat iron steak or flank steak
  • 1 - 2 lbs Beef ribs
  • 3 - 4 cups BBQ sauce (I used Everett and Jones BBQ sauce in Mild)
  • 2 -4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • Non-stick cooking spray
  • Salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

  1. Dice onions, mince garlic and set aside.
  2. Drizzle olive oil on to both sides of the meat.
  3. Add salt and pepper to both sides of the ribs and the steak and set aside.
  4. To make marinade add BBQ sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and onions in a large bowl.
  5. Take about 1 cup of this marinade and set it aside to use for basting .
  6. Place the beef and ribs to the bowl, cover and marinade for at least 2+ hours in the refrigerator.
  7. Once the meat is marinaded, it can be grilled, broiled or baked.  In this recipe I will be baking the meat.  Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
  8. Obtain a roaster pan and spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray.
  9. Place the ribs and steak on to the rack and bake for 1 to 2 hours (depending on the preferred doneness of the meat).
  10. Baste and turn the meat about every 15 to 20 minutes.
  11. During the last 5 to 10 minutes of the cooking process turn the oven up to 400 degrees.
  12. Let the meat rest before carving. Cover the meat with aluminum foil for about 10 minutes.
  13. Carve the meat and enjoy!
      Beef ribs
      Ribs in Marinade
Beef ribs


Beef ribs
Basting Meat (after 20 minutes of baking)

Beef ribs


No comments:

Post a Comment